Hi! It’s been quiet around here lately as I’ve spent the last few weeks travelling around beautiful Peru and have been (blissfully) away from the internet… but now I have returned! And I have a few science-y links for you:
- This probably qualifies as the world’s worst chemistry set, but you can decide for yourself.
- Shady practices of drug companies that conflate medical research with PR advertising.
- Top 50 Universities for the Physical Sciences. I don’t know what the rankings are based on but CU ranks #7 – booya!
- Behind Science Magazine’s paywall, but a neat article that does an in depth apples-to-apples comparison of photovoltaic versus photosynthesis efficiencies. PV systems come out on top but applying photosynthesis methods and techniques could help to boost efficiencies of different systems.
- Finally – It’s rare that a meteorite actually hits a human structure, but it does happen, as did recently to this couple in Poland.